Comfort Cool™ Thumb CMC Abduction Splint
Comfortable splint provides direct support for the thumb CMC joint while allowing full finger function
- The same CMC thumb wrap-around orthosis as the Comfort Cool® CMC Restriction Splint, but with the addition of a firm, moldable insert inside the thumb strap.
- Microwave the thumb strap to soften the thermoplastic insert, and then mold it to fit precisely along the thenar eminence crease.
- Thumb strap helps to abduct and stabilize the first metacarpal and open the thumb web space.
- Ideal for treating thumb deformity and contractures due to neurological conditions, median nerve injuries or arthritis, especially where the thumb is held abducted against the palm.
- Plus sizes are a half size bigger in the hand and a full size larger in thumb circumference to accommodate enlarged thumb conditions.
- Not made with natural rubber latex.
- Also available in Pediatric sizing
To size, measure circumference at the distal palmar crease (DPC):
- Small: 6″ – 7″ (15 – 18 cm)
- Small Plus: 6-1/2″ to 7-1/4″ (17 to 18cm)
- Medium: 7″ – 8″ (18 – 20 cm)
- Medium Plus: 7-1/4″ to 8-1/4″ (19 to 21cm)
- Large: 8″ – 9″ (20 – 23 cm)
- Large Plus: 8-1/4″ to 9-1/2″ (21 to 24cm)