Offers creative splinting options while providing warmth, compression, cushioning and comfort.Comfortprene™ Splinting Material is a special selection of neoprene designed to meet the varying needs of clients. Cut out a splint pattern and make a flexible splint in a matter of minutes. No need for sewing or special machines. Iron-On Seam Tape and Iron-on Hook and Loop join pieces together and allow for quick fastening. Benefits of Comfortprene™ are:
- Flexible support that conforms to fingers and body contours.
- Light to resistive support depending on the thickness of the material and the size of the area being splinted.
- Light to firm compression.
- Built-in cushioning to reduce pressure point complications. Minimal to moderate warmth.
- Lighter weight and less expensive than thermoplastic materials of comparable size.
- Latex-free and machine-washable, air-dry material.
- The terry-like plush liner feels soft and dry against the skin. The smooth, nylon liner allows for easy donning and doffing and iron-on tape application. The unbroken loop liner has a soft, fuzzy feel and is most effective for quick hook strap attachment.
Common thicknesses for clinical applications:
- 1/8″ (3.0mm) for wrist, elbow and lower extremity splints.
- 1/16″ (1.6mm) for hand and finger splints.