- Encore 2.4mm Splinting Material used to make hand and wrist splints, arthritis splints, circumferential splints and burn splints.
- The traditional coating has a tacky surface that helps hold the splint in place during molding.
- Lightweight support from the hand to the foot.
- Allows repeated remolding for perfect results. Turns translucent when warm.
Resistance to Stretch
- Minimum to moderate resistance to stretch.
- Can be used for single-surface splinting or stretched circumferentially.
- Maximum drape. Excellent conformability and reproduction of detail.
- Turns translucent when thoroughly heated and retains its clarity for the first few minutes of molding, allowing visibility of landmarks and bony prominences.
- 100% memory.
- Will regain its original cut shape and size every time it is reheated.
- Encore™ can be used to make a variety of orthoses, providing firm to lightweight support from the hand to the foot.
- Moderately rigid splints.
- If a more flexible splint is required, simply stretch the material to achieve the desired rigidity and thickness.
- Traditional coating has a tacky surface that helps hold the splint in place during molding.
- Pieces pinched together can be pulled apart once cooled.
- Use only dry heat and firm pressure to bond firmly; use solvent to form a permanent bond.
- Resists fingerprinting for a smooth, shiny surface. To remove marks and bring out shine, dip in warm water or lightly heat the surface with dry heat.
- Use 1/8″ Encore™ for thumb, finger and hand splints, bases for dynamic splints and burn splints. It is also ideal for lower extremity splints, circumferential leg splints, foot drop splints and foot orthoses.
- Use 3/32″ Encore™ for hand and wrist splints, arthritis splints, circumferential splints and burn splints. It is also ideal as a base for smaller dynamic outriggers.
- Lightweight 1/16″ Encore™ is ideal for pediatric and finger positioning splints.
Working Time (1/8″)
- Allows three to five minutes to form and harden after softening in 160° F (71° C) water.
See Specs tab for perforation and thickness.
Sheets sold individually or in a case of 4.