Rolyan Bunion Splint Features
- Latex free
– To support and position the great toe
– May be used for hallux valgus and following surgery
More On Rolyan Bunion Splint
- Not for immediate treatment following fractures
- Not for use over open wounds, burns, and infected areas
- This product is to be fitted initially by a healthcare professional who is familiar with the purpose for which it is prescribed. The healthcare professional is responsible for providing wearing instructions and precautions to other healthcare practitioners, care providers involved in the patient care, and the patient.
- If unusual swelling, skin discoloration or discomfort occurs, use should be discontinued and a healthcare professional consulted
- Be careful that the splint is not so tight that it interferes with circulation
- After heating splinting material, always check its temperature before applying it to the patient
Care and Cleaning:
- The stay will lose its shape in temperatures over 135°F (57°C). It should be kept away from sources of heat such as ovens, hot water, open flames, and sunny car windows.
- Remove stay from the pocket before washing splint.
- Fasten straps
- Hand wash fabric in warm water and mild soap
- Rinse thoroughly
- Do not wring
- Dry at room temperature
- Be sure splint is completely dry before reapplying it
- Put the fabric splint onto the foot and close the hook-and-loop fasteners across the top of the foot and around the great toe
- If desired, lateral pull on the great toe can be increased by attaching one end of a strip of hook material to the side of the splint at the level of the great toe, pulling the strip to better align the toe, and fastening the other end to the splint
- The fabric splint can be trimmed, but do not trim areas that have been stitched