Remington Medical is now the exclusive distributor of SPIO® Compression Garments in Canada!
SPIO is a compression system designed to help children with special needs including cerebral palsy, autism, Down Syndrome, sensory processing disorders, and other neuro-muscular delays. SPIO is made of a patented Lycra fabric with a unique multi-directional stretch. SPIO offers a variety of comfortable and affordable styles that can be worn under clothing all day.
- Assists with primary sensory awareness deficits in lower extremity and lower trunk
- Combine with vest to improve upright stability
- Combine with shirt to improve full body sensory awareness
- May benefit children and adults with spastic diplegia who demonstrate deficits in sensory awareness and stability
- SPIO Lower Body Orthoses are standard single layer
- Combined with shirt or vest will provide double or triple layer compression from the lower ribcage to the pelvis and hips
- Designed with a higher back side to accommodate diapers
- Can be trimmed above knee
” My, then 9 year old, daughter was struggling in school displaying an incredible amount of anxiety. Our amazing school OT, Amy A., diagnosed her with sensory processing issues and recommended SPIO pants for her. We were hesitant and unbelieving that a pair of tight pants would make a difference. We finally gave in and ordered a pair. The first day she put them her demeanor was completely different – she exhibited a significant reduction in anxiety. I formally dubbed them the “miracle pants” from that day forward. We are now on our second pair in in our second year of wearing them. She would not dream of attending school without them. The beauty is that she is now excelling academically and we know that our SPIO “miracle pants” play a significant role in her success. Thank you for a fabulous product! ”