SPIO® Classic TLSO Vest
Sizing guide and video can be found below in the description.
*Please Note the number at the end of the product code (ex. S64) represents the Chest Circumference size which is located in the sizing guide below.
SPIO® TLSO Vest Use:
Children with the diagnosis of Severe Axial Hypotonia, Athetoid Quadriplegia, Spinal Muscular Atrophy, or Benign Anterior Horn Cell Disease may benefit from the use of the SPIO vest.
- Provides shoulder-trunk-hip stability and mid-line orientation
- Increases body awareness
- Excellent trial orthosis
- To permit maximum freedom of movement in situations of neuromuscular scoliosis, the SPIO TLSO Vest can also be used in conjunction with a very flexible custom molded Thoracic Lumbar Sacral Orthosis (TLSO) back to which the front portion can be attached and adjusted
- TLSO Vest is adjustable to provide optimal cylindrical chest, abdominal, and pelvic compression to assist core muscle activation and stabilization
- Great tool to assist with Hippotherapy treatment
- Standard double layer compression around the shoulder, trunk, pelvis, and hips
- Front panel attaches to neoprene back with hook and loop tabs
- Shoulder extensions are individually adjusted for tension and angle of pull
- Worn down over the hips and anchored with a strap that fastens between the legs to prevent upward creeping on the trunk
- Sizes V51 and larger are made with a fully removable crotch strap/tab for toileting
- Back Panel is made of a semi rigid but flexible velcro-sensitive 1mm neoprene that adjusts to front portion with hook and loop tabs
- Optional Thermoplast Back Panel is available upon request for an additional charge.
- Neoprene back panel is perforated to reduce overheating
This mom has been brought to tears courtesy of SPIO and your amazing product!
” My son at 26 months just stayed awake and participated in a 40 min development therapy session for the first time in his life due to wearing the SPIO! This past week has been amazing and we are so excited that its literally changing his life!! ”
This Feels Fantastic
” My son got his SPIO vest today and as soon as I put it on him he says “this feels fantastic”…after some adjustments and just watching him, his whole body just seemed to come together. He walked the balance beam (one foot in front of the other) for the first time & without wobbling, his jumping was significantly better – no needing to hold on while on trampoline and not off balance, he even stood on one foot (both sides) with minimal wobbling…I am talking HUGE things for him!!!!!!! I was holding back tears. He wore it right up until bedtime and asked to wear it again tomorrow…and to PT next week. I have to say it even slowed him down when he was “excited” speaking…he tends to stutter in those moments, and wasn’t. ”
Tears of Joy!
” Tears of joy occurred at Lily’s PT appointment today. Now you guys know that I am a giant marshmallow and prone to tears “occasionally” every now and then LOL. However, this took me by complete and total surprise. Lily’s therapist have been trying something new with her and they had her and what they call a SPIO body suit. This suit is like a heavy duty bathing suit and what it does is give her more stability and balance throughout her body. Lily struggles with feel off balance quite a bit which Causes her a great deal of anxiety and apprehension. Not only does the SPIO compress her but it is a bit weighted, so again, she feels a complete sense of stability. While wearing this she took three steps completely on her own with no prompting! it was spontaneous! As were of course those tears I mentioned! :). She was given very minimal support at the waist just to keep her upright and she took the steps all on her own…it was automatic. I am still shocked and overwhelmed (in a good way) and this is something we are going to continue to use to strive to get her walking. Take THAT Rett Syndrome! It has been a good day…..! Of course she was pleased with herself but even more pleased when I took her out for ice cream after therapy. LOL!
A Completely Different Person
” My daughter began to show signs of sensory processing disorder around 15 months of age. By the time she was 19 months old she seemed to be completely unable to control her emotions, and was very frustrated with her lack of motor skills. We began therapy with SKIP and our therapist was very helpful from the beginning. She brought us a SPIO suit to try for our daughter. From the first time she put it on she was a different person! She went from completely unable to walk on uneven ground to running across the park. Her fits and emotions calmed down to almost normal for a child her age. She still struggles with her motor skills and emotions, but she has made so much progress! She is now willing to try new things and is not so frustrated when she can not accomplish what she wants to do. ”
” I just wanted to share with your company that my son who is 18 months old recently got a SPIO. He is tactile defensive and has never been one for getting loved on… Well yesterday, I actually got to snuggle with him for an entire 5 minutes. That made my day, week, month and year. Thank you SPIO for allowing me to hug my son! :’) ”
A Big Difference
” My daughter is 2 1/2 and has had trouble with both speech and physical development. She wears orthotics to help with her stability in her ankles which does help. It was not until we began using the SPIO though that we started to see a big difference. She seems to have a better time with stability, standing, walking and grasping where abouts her body is and what it is doing. She has been walking better, and appears to be more confident in taking her steps and moving while wearing it. She was born at 37 weeks and was very small she only weighed 5 pounds, and the doctors think she may have been younger than they originally thought. ”
SPIO really works!
“The SPIO vest is amazing. It has really helped my 18 month old son suffering from mild hypotonia and sensory prosessing issues. He is much more organized while wearing the SPIO. It gives him the core support and confidence he needs. SPIO is very easy to put on and my son loves it! ”
- Double Layer Lycra/Nylon Fabric
- 1″ Hook and Loop
- 100% Latex-Free
- Available Colors: Black