Remington Medical is now the exclusive distributor of SPIO® Compression Garments in Canada!
SPIO is a compression system designed to help children with special needs including cerebral palsy, autism, Down Syndrome, sensory processing disorders, and other neuro-muscular delays. SPIO is made of a patented Lycra fabric with a unique multi-directional stretch. SPIO offers a variety of comfortable and affordable styles that can be worn under clothing all day.
- Allows for greater tactile exploration and precision. Children with hemiplegia and athetoid or spastic quadriplegia have shown decreased hypersensitivity and improved hand use.
- Improves sensory awareness in hand and wrist
- Increases stability of soft tissue structures which improves movement control
- May decrease hand biting
- Standard single layer
- Open fingers, fabricated thumb
- Extends from the metacarpals to above the wrist
**SPIO® Wrist Hand Orthosis is sold singly, not in pairs, and are designed to fit on either the left or right hand.