Principles of Suction Wave
The force conversion zone – from decompression to compression – is present around the complete inner diameter of the VACU-Cup and follows the movement of the VACU-Cup in dynamic application. This provides a rolling, gliding stretch to the tissue, performing a connective tissue massage. The mechanic effect reaches from skin level into the profound subcutaneous tissue layers to fascia and muscle fibres.
»Suction Wave Therapy« indications
- Suction Wave Therapy« is an ideal tool to prepare tissue and patient for any kind of intense myofascial release technique – for example ESWT.
- Severe tissue adhesions or other structural connective tissue disorders
- Areas with subcutaneous metabolic malperformance
»Suction Wave Therapy« with VACU-ACTOR® technology SWT applies a vacuum directly to the skin and creates a strong mechanical stress on the enclosed tissue which is sucked into the VACU-Cup. Vacuum is generated by the compressor of the DUOLITH SD1® Tower »ultra« and controlled by the touch screen menu.
Constant/intermittent mechanical stress to skin and tissue layers
- Stretching/straightening of fabric structures
- Dissolving adhesions between tissue layers
- Tissue mobilisation
- Direct myofascial release
- Subjective vasodilatory effect
Stimulation of mechano-receptors and free-nerve endings
- Direct muscular reaction with relaxation in the follow
- Reactive adaptation of tissue flexibility and elasticity
- Pain cover (Gate-Control-Mechanism)
- Pressure difference to surrounding environment leads to high reflow
- Local ischemia by seclusion creates high metabolic demand
- Expression of vasoactive agents (Histamine etc.)
- Mechanic blood-/lymphatic flow support
- Stimulation of reflective pathways