Remington Medical Equipment Ltd.
A. Remington Medical Equipment Ltd. commitment to Privacy
Remington Medical Equipment Ltd. is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers. We have and will take measures that protect the privacy of personal information and held by us.
- Why we collect personal information
- What we do with that information
- Steps we take to ensure that access to that information is secure
- How you can access personal information and personal health information pertaining to you
- Who you should contact if you have questions or concerns about our policies or practices
B. What is personal information?
Personal information means any information about an individual where they can be identified; This includes your name, your profession, type of your business, your postal code and your e-mail address and telephone number. We do not store or request the use of your credit card on our Web Site at this time. All credit cards are processed through our credit department at Remington Medical Equipments head office in Markham Ontario. We have taken every step to secure your data and any credit card information that you may have asked us to store for you, see section G below. If you use your credit card for a single purchase we will destroy the information after the sale is complete and only store the information on your purchase with the receipt showing the last four digits as a reference. If you establish credit with Remington Medical Equipment and wish to have us to store your credit card information for ongoing purchases we will request a form to be filled out authorizing us to use your credit card to pay for your purchases.
C. When we collect personal information.
We only collect personal information that is strictly necessary for the purposes outlined in Section D. We collect personal information:
- When you apply for credit (including information about your credit history which may be collected, used and retained if you choose to purchase products with our credit terms.
- When you log in as a new customer and use our Web Site to purchase products.
- When you contact us
- When you log in and use our Web Site
- When you participate in any of our sales promotional programs.
- When you place orders or make purchases on our Web Site, by telephone, mail, e-mail, facsimile or any other method.
D. How we use your personal information.
We hold and use certain personal information pertaining to you in order to process your orders requests, and to understand your needs so that we can serve you better. If you ask us to, we will also tell you about opportunities we think will be of interest to you, such as our promotional programs. Specifically, we may use personal information for the following purposes:
- Notifying you of any recalls or safety issues
- Managing the provision of goods, services and to conduct a credit check if you choose to request terms of credit, to determine your credit status
- Managing invoicing, accounting and information security services related to our transactions with you
- As described in our “On-line privacy practices” in Section I below
- If you ask us to, promoting, offering or marketing additional products, goods and services we offer
E. We do not share your personal information.
To ensure that the personal information you provided is accurate, complete and up-to-date, we urge you to provide us with updates regarding such information and to inform us of any errors affecting the information we hold. You may update, review or correct your remingtonmedical.com on-line account information at any time by accessing your password-protected registration page via the “My Account” area of the Web Site.
G. Security measures.
We will continue to keep in place security measures in an effort to protect personal information and any personal health information held by us if you rent a CPM device through cpmrental.ca from unauthorized use, access, disclosure, distribution, loss or alteration. We have measures in place for physical, administrative, contractual and technological safeguards to protect personal information. Access to personal information will be restricted to authorized personnel who require the information in order to perform their duties properly. In addition, access will be limited to only that information that is strictly necessary for the performance of those duties. Please also see our “On-line privacy practices” in Section I below.
We periodically update our policies regarding information security measures in an effort to protect the personal information and held by us in the most effective manner possible.
H. Accessing personal information.
Our customers are entitled to access the personal information held by us concerning them. In recognition of the importance we attach to each customer’s information, you can always have access to your personal information by logging in to your profile in your own account. You may request by telephone or by email to have your credit card information or information regarding your credit sent to you or you can pick this information up at our office. We will respond to your request for information as soon as possible but no later than thirty days, unless, for reasons beyond our control, a longer response time is necessary, in which case you will be advised accordingly. Your request for information held by us will generally be provided at no cost, you will be informed in advance of any charges apply in connection with the information request. Charges may relate to the transcription, reproduction or transmission of personal information held by us.
I. On-line privacy practices.
- To facilitate and monitor certain features of our Web Site that you choose to interact with, such as on-line forums, feeds and chat rooms
- To respond to your questions and concerns and to understand your needs and preferences
- To conduct surveys and other research
- To provide you with customized Web Site content and advertising
- To fulfill your on-line orders for products and services and to facilitate product deliveries, pickups and returns
- Protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Remington Medical, our suppliers its users or the public as required or permitted by the laws of Ontario.
We share personal information collected on-line as described in Section C above. In addition, we may provide Service Providers with certain information that is necessary to fulfill an order you have placed with us. For example, if you request shipment for a purchase, we may provide your address to the shipping carrier and customs service provider, and if you pay by credit or debit card, your card number and sales transaction information are passed to the card processor and/or issuer (including their service providers such as fraud verification services). We also may use Service Providers to host and administer the Web site, process and store data, and fulfill other technology-related functions on our behalf. However, we only give or permit access to vendors, suppliers and other Service Providers involved in Web site administration and the commerce distribution chain the limited information needed to perform their duties and provide you with the products and services you order.
Personal information we collect on our Web site although is very limited however the information we do store is done electronically, and may be combined with other off-line information. Account information is accessible on-line only through the use of a password. To protect the confidentiality of personal information, you must keep your password confidential and not disclose it to any other person. You are responsible for all uses of our Web site by any person using your password. You are advised that, unlike communication within our Web Site, we have no control over the privacy of your e-mail communications with us while in transit. We recommend that you do not include confidential, proprietary, personal information in e-mails, including credit card numbers, passwords and other similar information. Also, if other people have access to your e-mail account, they may be able to access your password and obtain personal information about you (such as your credit card information), or change information about your user profile. Please advise us immediately by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by dialling 1-800-267-5822 ask for our privacy officer if you believe your password has been misused.
We encourage parents to take an active interest in their children’s use of the Internet. We do not intend to collect information from children who are under 18 years of age. If you are under 18, please do not provide information on our Web Site.
Persons with Disabilities:
We comply with the disability act of Ontario and will take extra care and safety measures to protect any personal information that relates to a disclosed disability you declare to our company in any format, email verbal or other method.
On-line links to other Web sites:
J. Complaint process.
If you previously consented to receive promotional information from Remington Medical Equipment Ltd about our products or offerings and you no longer want to participate in our offerings you can change your mind by:
- Calling our Customer Service representatives at 1-800-267-5822
- E-mailing us at email@example.com
- Writing us at: Customer Service, 401 Bentley Street, Suite 9, Markham, Ontario L3R 9T2 to the attention: Privacy Officer