Storz Magnetolith® (EMTT® Therapy)
REMINGTON MEDICAL IS THE EXCLUSIVE MAGNETOLITH® DISTRIBUTOR FOR STORZ IN CANADA.
Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT®) for regeneration and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal disorders
VISIT THE EMTT WEBSITE HERE
Extracorporeal Magnetotransduction Therapy (EMTT®) with the Storz MAGNETOLITH® opens up new possibilities in regeneration and rehabilitation. The areas of application include diseases of the musculoskeletal system such as lower back pain and tendinopathies of the rotator cuff or achilles tendon.
EMTT® differs from general forms of magnetic field therapy or PEMF due to the high oscillation frequency of 100 – 300 kHz. EMTT® is 40% stronger than PEMF and enables a higher penetration depth of 18 cm working at a cellular and nerve level rather than only addressing muscles. Sessions of EMTT® can, therefore, treat a far wider range of indications when compared to PEMF.
Magnetolith EMTT® is the only approved electromagnetic therapy for the treatment of musculoskeletal diseases of the muscle, bone, joints, nerves, tendons and tissues. The effectiveness of electromagnetic transduction therapy in contributing to pain reduction for:
- Degenerative joint diseases – Signs of wear and tear, e.g. arthrosis (knee, hip, hands, shoulder, elbow), herniated disc, spondylarthrosis
- Pain therapy – (Chronic) pain, e.g. back pain, lumbalgia, tension, radiculopathies, heel pain
- Sport injuries – (Chronic) inflammation of tendons and joints, tendon overload syndrome, osteitis pubis
Are there any side effects of EMTT®?
EMTT® has no reported side effects. During the treatment the patient may experience mid discomfort and reddening of the skin. The short-lived discomfort the EMTT® treatment creates is just a minor in-convince and will be blinded when compared to the clinical relevant decrease of pain the patient receives.
The MAGNETOLITH® in daily practice
Treatment with MAGNETOLITH® is comfortable and straightforward:
- The patient does not have to undress
- Effective fatigue-free work for the user
- Applicator positioning by hand or with the flexible holding arm
- A treatment session lasts between 5 – 20 minutes depending on the indication
- Adjustable frequency up to 10 pulses/s
- High-frequency magnetic field (100 – 300 kHz)
- Continuous and reliable operation by water-cooled applicator
- Click & Connect-Mechanism for a flexible applicator positioning
- Simple plug in & plug out to change applicator
- Integrated touch display to adjust energy level, frequency & pulse rate
Intuitive operation thanks to clear touch display / Applicator for ease of use
How does EMTT ® support the effectiveness of Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy ESWT?
By combining high energy sound waves ESWT on the local treatment area with EMTT ® magnetic fields on a regional treatment area, EMTT® supports the effectiveness of sessions of ESWT by:
Activating the metabolism
Extends the therapeutic field
- Further stimulated self-healing
Revitalising the area
- Immediate therapeutic effect
EMTT ® Clinical Evidence
References of systematic reviews of significant therapeutic effects with STORZ MEDICAL EMTT® devices:
Andre Krath. et al., Journal of Orthopaedics, 14(3):410-415, 2017.
Electromagnetic transduction therapy in non-specific low back pain: A randomized clinical trial
Klüter, T. et al., Electromagnetic Biology and Medicine, 37(4):175-183, 2018.
Electromagnetic transduction therapy and shockwave therapy in 86 patients with rotator cuff tendinopathy: A prospective randomized controlled trial.
Gerdesmeyer, L. et al., The Journal for Foot and Ankle Surgery, 56(5):964-967, 2017.
Electromagnetic Transduction Therapy for Achilles Tendinopathy: A Preliminary Report on a New Technology.
Klüter, T. et al., Journal of Orthopedic Research and Therapy: JORT-1113. DOI: 10.29011/2575-8241.001113, 2018.
Electromagnetic Transduction Therapy in Patients with Chronic Aseptic Osteitis Pubis
Ringeisen, M., Ludger Gerdesmeyer., Presentation at the annual congress of the umbrella association osteology (DVO), March 2018, Dresden.
Therapy of traumatic/mechanical bone marrow edema with electromagneto-transduction therapy [in German].
Teresa Paolucci1 et al, Electromagnetic Field Therapy: A Rehabilitative Perspective in the Management of Musculoskeletal Pain – A Systematic Review, Journal of Pain Research, July 2020
Patient Brochure & Research PDF’S