ORFICASTᵀᴹ Thermoplastic Tape
$40.30 – $355.00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-ALaE0L0FQOrficast is a unique, textile-like thermoplastic orthotic fabrication material on a roll. It offers high comfort for your patients and is very easy to use. A large variety in widths and thicknesses enables you to treat a wide range of pathologies and to accommodate different orthotic designs. Orficast More can be used to fabricate a volar or dorsal slab for increased rigidity.
- Thermoplastic material on a 3-metre roll.
- Excellent elasticity in two directions.
- Adaptable when needed.
- Thin and breathable fabric-like material.
- Easy to cut.
- Self-adhesive capacity, especially when dry heated.
- Available in a thin (Orficast) and a thick (Orficast More) version, in different widths and colours.
- Orficast is available in two widths: 3 cm (1.18″) and 6 cm (2.5″).
How it looks and works
- Material on a roll allows circumferential wrapping and moulding techniques.
- Time saving. No need to make a pattern.
- Perfect size/width for small and larger orthoses. Can accommodate different sized fingers and different orthotic designs. The wider Orficast More can be used to fabricate a volar or dorsal slab or a circumferential orthosis.
- The material is easily stretched to conform to the patient’s unique anatomy.
- Orthoses can be adapted when corrections are needed (avoids waste of material).
- Soft feeling and smooth edges.
- The material is lightweight and allows ventilation (prevents maceration of the skin).
- Excellent patient comfort and compliance.
- Small pieces can be used as reinforcement of the orthoses when desired.
- Overlapping seams are not perceptible on the inside.
- Precise moulding and a snug fit prevent pressure points.
- Perfect to use in case of traumatic and orthopaedic conditions which require quick and easy orthoses.
- Recommended as first aid product for quick immobilization and stabilization after injury.
- Serial static orthoses and static progressive orthoses to regain range of motion of smaller joints.
- Recommended for children, newborns, patients with fragile skin and/or arthritic conditions.
- All types of immobilization for finger, hand, wrist, and for orthoses that go beyond the wrist or even ankle orthoses.
ORFICAST ™ Thermoplastic Splinting Tape is a unique new thermo formable taping material. It has a nice blue colour, Quick activating and application time. Ideal for small splints were thin and strong material is needed with a very smooth surface.